Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
Training offered by:
Based on the growing demand for qualified professionals, the Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) certification was developed and added to the broad portfolio of professional certifications offered by the Association of Energy Engineers. Rising energy costs and inefficiency in plants and buildings is continually driving the need for trained and experienced energy auditors. The CEA certification is one that identifies professionals as having the required knowledge and experience needed to succeed in the growing field of energy auditing.
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in energy auditing.
- To improve the practice of energy auditors by encouraging energy auditing professionals in a continuing education program of professional development.
- To identify persons with acceptable knowledge of the principles and practices of energy auditing through completing an examination and fulfilling prescribed standards of performance and conduct.
- To award special recognition to those energy auditing professionals who have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical fitness in energy auditing.
Three and a half days of training will be offered. Those who complete the training may choose to sit for the optional AEE CEA certification test offered on the afternoon of the fourth day. Certification testing is $300.00 per person and must be paid via check payable to the Association of Energy Engineers. Certification testing payment is to be given directly to the instructor during the training.
This training is intended for building operators, maintenance personnel, and technicians working in commercial buildings, and community college instructors who teach related courses. For more information about the optional CEA certification and prerequisites to become certified by the AEE, please visit the AEE website at the link below:
If you plan to take the certification test, please download and complete the attached application. Completed applications should be sent via email to Francine Seskin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jenn Geho (email@example.com).
Training Dates and Locations:
|April 29 - May 2 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)||Waubonsee Community College|
|CEA Application.pdf||53.97 KB|
- Calculating and Capitalizing Energy Efficiency Savings
- Energy Efficiency in Manufacturing 3-Course Series
- Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
- Building Energy and Sustainability Technician (BEST)
- The Path to Sustainable Change
- Developing and Maintaining a Skilled Energy Efficiency Workforce
- GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green
- Efficient Motor Control
- High Efficiency Lighting
- Maintaining High Efficiency Lighting
- Water Heating Fundamentals
- High Efficiency Commercial Boilers
- Key to the Energy Audit: Boiler Efficiency Measurement & Improvement
- ICCTEMT Home