Short Term Goals
- Help colleges in Illinois that are offering certificates and degrees in natural resource-related fields and forming a network to share ideas and information.
- Develop relationships with natural resource related companies, institutions, agencies, and non-profits in order to strengthen education and career pathways for community college students.
- Partner with relevant legislative and policy-making entities to help natural-resource-related sustainability in Illinois.
- Work with ICCB to develop appropriate codes for new kinds of natural resource and sustainability-related multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary courses.
- Seek funding to help provide stipends so low income students can afford to do necessary internships and take entry level seasonal jobs in the field of natural resources.
Long Term Goals
- Educating and training students to support sustainable use of natural resources and restoration of natural ecosystems in Illinois.