Illinois Green Employer Alliance
The IGEA is a partnership of Illinois community colleges, businesses, professional associations and other interested stakeholders lead by the Illinois Green Economy Network (IGEN). The IGEA works to promote and leverage effective collaboration for positive economic results.
Through its diverse affiliations, the Illinois Green Employer Alliance (IGEA) is perfectly positioned to reinvent the higher education system to meet the current and future training needs of industry and students participating in the emerging green workforce. This will be achieved through the following five goals:
- Develop objectives for policy and market transformation toward a greener economy.
- Advise on curriculum development to prepare the workforce for Illinois’ evolving green economy.
- Help community colleges identify evolving skill needs and green job trends.
- Provide experiential learning opportunities for the emerging green workforce.
- Identify and implement solutions to help employers achieve positive green economic outcomes.