IGEN is a President-led initiative, overseen by a Presidents’ Steering Committee. The Steering Committee consists of five college Presidents and one senior Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) representative.
The role of the Steering Committee is to approve the strategic direction of the Network and to provide ongoing oversight and leadership. Select members of the Steering Committee provide regular updates to the Illinois Community College Presidents’ Council allowing for Presidential input from all colleges.
The Steering Committee meets on a quarterly basis vian conference call or face to face, when possible. Meetings with the Co-Chairs occur weekly.
IGEN Presidents’ Steering Committee Members:
- Dr. Georgia Costello, Southwestern Illinois College, Co-Chair
- Dr. Jerry Weber, College of Lake County, Co-Chair
- Dr. Allen Goben, Heartland Community College
- Chancellor Cheryl Hyman , City Colleges of Chicago
- Dr. Alice Jacobs, Danville Area Community College
- Dr. Elaine Johnson, Illinois Community College Board
- Julie Elzanati, IGEN Executive Director
- Robert Hilgenbrink, IGEN Treasurer and Green Finance Manager